Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Perfect Pumpkin Seeds


*****************************
Our Blog has moved!  
Please visit us 
*****************************





I mean to post this yesterday, but the day got away from me....imagine that!

I love pumpkin seeds.  
They are so yummy if done right...
I have had them come out a little chewy or under done in the past.  Not my favorite.

I found a trick a few years ago online...coupled it with a few of my tricks...and the seeds turn out perfect every time!
I didn't take step by step pictures, but it really is simple.

Perfect Pumpkin Seeds

goopless pumpkin seeds
salt
Season Salt
garlic powder
olive oil
parchment paper
cookie sheet
strainer


1.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

2.  Fill a sauce pan with water, turn the heat up and get the water boiling.
     I added about a Tbs of sea salt to the water - you can use more or less :)

3.  Remove the goop from your seeds.  I like to rinse them first in the strainer, but 
     it isn't necessary.

4. Once your water is boiling, add your pumpkin seeds and boil them for about 10 
     minutes.

5. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the contents of the pan into your strainer.

6. Run cold water over the seeds while they are in the strainer.

7. pour the seeds into a bowl.

8. add a tbs of olive oil to the seeds and stir around to make sure all of the seeds 
    are coated.

9.  I like to season mine with finer grain salt, a little garlic powder and season 
     salt.  Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning is hands down (IMO) the best!  I like to 
     add a little of each, then sir it around..and then add a little more to make sure  
     they are evenly seasoned.

10. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper  and spread your seeds out all over 
      then pan.  Make sure that it is a thin layer...if they are piled on top of each 
      other the seeds underneath will not roast. (I sprinkled a little coarse sea salt on 
      them once they were on the pan.

11. Stick them in the oven and bake them for 20 minutes.


take them out, let them cool a few minutes,  and enjoy your perfect pumpkin seeds!



Happy Halloween!
Jacki


No comments:

Post a Comment